Researchers contribute to scientific advancements in their domain. In software engineering domain too, researchers are working to make the life of software engineers better by innovating tools, processes, and practices.
To promote the innovation in software engineering research, specifically in the area of code and design quality and static analysis, we have decided to provide free licenses of Designite to academic researchers and students.
You must fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for a free Academic license:
- You must be an academic researcher or a student.
- Your intention is to use the software for research and/or education only.
If you fulfill the above criteria, you may request a free Academic license of Designite. Please note that it is mandatory for an interested researcher to use his/her academic email id to contact us.
Steps to acquire an Academic license
- Go to the request an academic license page, and fill the required details to raise a request for the license.
- If you satisfy the criteria (given above), we send an email accepting your request and provide you a license key.
- A Designite Academic license is node-locked (like Designite Professional license). Install Designite and use the license key by 'Register license key' option in the Designite's menu. Please note that you can use the license key only once.
- Once the license key is validated, you may use the tool for all academic purposes.
Send us an email (email@example.com) in case you face any problem during the above mentioned process.
Universities that are using Designite
The following universities have used Designite for their research/education.
- Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Bits Pilani, India
- Hogeschool van amsterdam, Netherlands
- NIT Jalandhar, India
- Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Prince Sultan University, Saudi Arabia
- Rochester Institute of Technology, UK
- RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Software Engineering Institute – Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- TU Delft, The Netherlands
- University of Hertfordshire, UK
- University of Michigan, USA
- University of Milano bicocca, Italy
- University of São Paulo, Brazil
- University of Turku, Finland
- Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- West Virginia University, USA